L i f e i n B o n i n I s l a n d


After living a monotonous life, commuting for 3 hours a day, getting all the new viruses available, confused and tired; decision time hit my life. Traveled for 3 months in search of answers and guidance. It was Chichijima were the flow took us to and now it is our home. Time has stopped and now we LIVE life.

Apr 14, 2011

BLANQUITO


We named "him" BLANQUITO our neighbor's cat. When we moved in he used to come and enjoy the winter sun at our decking and when it is rainy he wants a warm place to be. Are all cats like this? This day he was on our couch and I was petting him when suddenly he bit my hand so hard I shook him and couldn't get my hand free... Wild cats (street cats) are not allowed in this Island. They are predators of the endangered Akagashira Karasubato (Wood pigeon) and so they have cages and traps around the forest to catch any wild ones out there. This one is not wild but surely not respectful. There are not many wild animals in this Island, the biggest wild animal would probably be the Fruit bat, Nosuri and the Wood pigeon. No monkeys or kangaroos :( hehe

No comments:

Post a Comment