L i f e i n B o n i n I s l a n d


After living a monotonous life, commuting for 3 hours a day, getting all the new viruses available, confused and tired; decision time hit my life. Traveled for 3 months in search of answers and guidance. It was Chichijima were the flow took us to and now it is our home. Time has stopped and now we LIVE life.

Apr 9, 2011

Allotment (zone 2)


Yesterday and today working on our allotment. My back is killing me but have you ever heard of an addiction towards growing vegetables? That is what I have... cannot stop knowing there is much I can do. 


This is what I call zone 2. Zone 1 are the plants around our decking like herbs and plants that need of more care and less sun. This is zone 2 where we're planning to plant onions, carrots and lettuce. Instead of digging, what we did was to add our compost poo and layered it with dirt and cardboard, after a month and a half we got this very rich dark soil. I think it could have waited a bit longer but as I said it is an addiction. 

The boat comes today and that is when we do the weekly shopping. It is a bit concerning not knowing if our food is radiated or not... We try to check where it comes from but we don't know all the Japanese characters of the places affected. 

I did yoga this morning on our decking, did a tripod head stand but I think it wasn't a good idea after having a heavy breakfast. Since we moved to our new house which is 3 months ago I haven't really done much yoga at home so I gave it a shot today. It is a great feeling! I would like to have a better routine and wake up earlier to do yoga but if I try to wake up earlier... I get grumpy. haaaa 

As I grow older there are things I wish my nature could develop for me... like
1) wanting to wake up earlier
2) wanting to go to bed earlier
3) wanting to do the dishes
4) wanting to swim in cold water
5) wanting to hike all day
6) wanting to do yoga everyday 
7) Being more confident and strong 
Could it be possible that I could develop such things without having to work too hard. I hope so! If that was the case I would love growing older, I already like it though. 






No comments:

Post a Comment