L i f e i n B o n i n I s l a n d


After living a monotonous life, commuting for 3 hours a day, getting all the new viruses available, confused and tired; decision time hit my life. Traveled for 3 months in search of answers and guidance. It was Chichijima were the flow took us to and now it is our home. Time has stopped and now we LIVE life.

Feb 21, 2012

Our first eggs!


When I saw that one of our chickens was sitting still, I just thought she was depressed, bullied by the others but then (just like a light bulb switched on!) I decided to check under, and voila, I found our first 3 eggs. My heart stopped, I had been waiting for this day all winter and I thought it wouldn't happen until spring. I should have realized that if the rooster had started to show signs of puberty it was time for the hens to do so.

I felt so proud to have them at home. The warmth of the chickens filled me with comfort and inexplicable joy. Such a simple thing in life and to me it was a feeling I would treasure for life. Brownie, MarshMellow and Cafe con leche are the artisans of these beautiful eggs.

Thank you chickens for this wonderful experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment