L i f e i n B o n i n I s l a n d


After living a monotonous life, commuting for 3 hours a day, getting all the new viruses available, confused and tired; decision time hit my life. Traveled for 3 months in search of answers and guidance. It was Chichijima were the flow took us to and now it is our home. Time has stopped and now we LIVE life.

Feb 17, 2011

Starfruit

Starfruit is originally from the Philippines and now well known throughout Asia and Central, South America.  In Spanish it is called Carambola. I think we used to drink Carambola juice when little. When the fruit is cut in half it has a star shape and there for the name.

Our landlord gave us a jar of starfruit jam. This year the tree gave so many starfruits that she is making, dry fruit, jams, breads, alcohol and any other possible thing to use all of the fruits. 


On the way back from work I walk through a road next to a temple and I found this tree and then I discovered the fruit. I didn't think it came from a tree but more from a vine looking plant. 
It reminds me of the lights they hang at Japanese festivals called "Cho-chin"

No comments:

Post a Comment