L i f e i n B o n i n I s l a n d


After living a monotonous life, commuting for 3 hours a day, getting all the new viruses available, confused and tired; decision time hit my life. Traveled for 3 months in search of answers and guidance. It was Chichijima were the flow took us to and now it is our home. Time has stopped and now we LIVE life.

Aug 5, 2011

grateful







August is one of the busiest months of Ogasawara. The boat is full of tourists coming from many parts of Japan, mostly children on holiday. Our landlord is hosting a Kid's camp at his hostel, my alarm is now "A SPIDER!!". City children are unused to the wilderness of the Island and their fancy clothes comes with huge personalities. I am not sure if things were like that back when I was young (er) hehe. 

Today after a long day of work, I decided to take a bicycle ride to Kopepe Beach. One of the most secluded beaches around this area. I swam to the center of the bay and took of my blue tinted goggles to see the real colors and shapes that were around me. Time stopped. I took a deep breath and felt like the luckiest person on earth. 

Riding a bicycle is not as easy as I thought, specially with all the hills going up and down. I felt like I was taking the bicycle for a ride, instead of the bicycle taking me for a ride. Bought a slice of cheese cake (in reward of the bicycle ride) and ate it while watching the sunset. 

Grateful to be alive and present.

No comments:

Post a Comment