L i f e i n B o n i n I s l a n d


After living a monotonous life, commuting for 3 hours a day, getting all the new viruses available, confused and tired; decision time hit my life. Traveled for 3 months in search of answers and guidance. It was Chichijima were the flow took us to and now it is our home. Time has stopped and now we LIVE life.

Aug 7, 2011

The God of Small Things by Arundhati Roy


Recently I have had the time to read some of the books that the universe sent me. This book called The God of small things is a very beautifully written book. The words transport me to Ayemenem which is now part of India. I have never been there but I can smell and see what the characters experience. It is like traveling with my thoughts. I sometimes forget I am sunbathing in a white sand beach in the middle of the pacific ocean.

"May in Ayemenem is a hot, brooding month. The days are long and humid. The river shrinks and black crows gorge on the bright mangoes in still, dustgreen trees. Red bananas ripen. Jackfruits burst. Dissolute bluebottles hum vacuously in the fruity air. Then they stun themselves against clear windowpanes and die, fatly baffled in the sun." page 1.

No comments:

Post a Comment