L i f e i n B o n i n I s l a n d


After living a monotonous life, commuting for 3 hours a day, getting all the new viruses available, confused and tired; decision time hit my life. Traveled for 3 months in search of answers and guidance. It was Chichijima were the flow took us to and now it is our home. Time has stopped and now we LIVE life.

May 18, 2011

Rainy season

Welcome to Ogasawara Rainy season! Yes, it is here! I have heard of the rainy season of Ogasawara therefor I ordered some books to stay at home and read but they were canceled because our strange address is not listed as an official address HAHA!! I guess that Coffee Mountain or Jungle House would worry any business.

So as I stay at home and look for things to do, meanwhile outside our vegetables are growing and nature is loving it! Mountains are greener and air is fresher than ever. Now, here is a thought that worries me.. radiation! Is our rain radiated? We are 1000km away from the Nuclear Power plant but are we safe? And what about all the food that we have been eating from mainland Japan? So many questions rise to my head as I sit still in my little cabin listening to the Les Brown Orchestra.

We have our first vegetable! An aubergine. It was planted before we came here but we gave it some good energy boost and bang! we have 9 aubergines coming! The energy boost was actually our toilet compost. It makes so much sense. Whatever we take from earth to give it back. We take so much from earth and give so little back, I think this is small yet significant way to give back and it makes you understand about the cycle of life.

Rainy season I am ready!

No comments:

Post a Comment