L i f e i n B o n i n I s l a n d


After living a monotonous life, commuting for 3 hours a day, getting all the new viruses available, confused and tired; decision time hit my life. Traveled for 3 months in search of answers and guidance. It was Chichijima were the flow took us to and now it is our home. Time has stopped and now we LIVE life.

Mar 12, 2011

Earthquake and Tsunami hits Japan

It was a normal day, I was doing some gardening when suddenly I hear this siren. Japan is well advanced in Tsunami warnings, there are megaphones all around the Island giving advice to stay away from the beach. At first I couldn't hear what it said since we live so up in the mountain but then I heard it two more times and then I started suspecting there was something wrong. I checked the news and there it was. One of the biggest earthquakes in history. We don't have a TV so no idea of what was going on. Decided to go to the top of the mountain and see if the ocean was any different. 


There were some swell lines but nothing dramatic
That is town. The boats have gathered to the center of the bay. I guess it is the smartest thing to do, in case the tsunami hits and their boats get smashed.


Sunset was beautiful as well. We were very grateful to be in a safe place and hoped the affected people recover from this disaster. There are many natural disasters happening on Earth, I think we all should be prepared at any time. Not only mentally, physically but also spiritually. This earthquake took away many peoples life, it is a great opportunity for us to come together and practice love and peace. Also to remember the love and support that your loved ones have given you and to show appreciation at all times.

No comments:

Post a Comment