L i f e i n B o n i n I s l a n d


After living a monotonous life, commuting for 3 hours a day, getting all the new viruses available, confused and tired; decision time hit my life. Traveled for 3 months in search of answers and guidance. It was Chichijima were the flow took us to and now it is our home. Time has stopped and now we LIVE life.

Mar 21, 2011

After Tsunami and Earthquake

Yesterday we had our first peaceful day after Japan's big day. I live 1000km south of Japan and even so it has been an emotional roller coaster every single day. The first question I ask these days is if there are any news and Mark will give me the highlights of the news. Now it is not even showing up on the BBC although the situation has not changed. I guess this is the media, gotta get the hot news going on. Although it is strange that it is not top news anymore I am relieved to have my first normal day since then. Two days of consecutive sun and no wind in the Island and you close the computer and it is like nothing has happened. Like you had a nightmare and you have woken up. 


Live music in Yankee town to raise funds for Japan

Talking about nightmares, uff... I tend to have really strong dreams specially during new moon and full moon. Yesterday I slept thinking about the full moon and how with the gravity there could be an earthquake.

Dream
  There was our little shack that hangs on the side of a hill with a big window facing the forest. Suddenly I can feel this very strong earthquake happening and there we were Mark and I trying to jump through that window but suddenly the whole house starts to move as if a train was pulling it through the woods at high speed. I was on the window seal trying to jump but it was so fast and scary that I couldn't. I got the courage to jump and I hit something that hurt bad and then I woke up...


Yatsuse River - the biggest river of this Island.
So peaceful today... ohh and the colors wow, keeps blowing me away.
The Tsunami did some cleaning in this river, usually the river and the ocean are not connected but after the tsunami the river was connected for some days and the river got cleaned. You can see right to the bottom of it and all the fishes seem to be enjoying it, also the very very huge eels. You can hear the birds singing and welcoming the first days of spring/summer. The locals have also been enjoying these days and going for walks to the mountains. I am so thankful to be alive and calm and back to the NOW. 

No comments:

Post a Comment