L i f e i n B o n i n I s l a n d


After living a monotonous life, commuting for 3 hours a day, getting all the new viruses available, confused and tired; decision time hit my life. Traveled for 3 months in search of answers and guidance. It was Chichijima were the flow took us to and now it is our home. Time has stopped and now we LIVE life.

Nov 5, 2010

Previous stage


In this tiny little space packed with salary-man with white masks protecting themselves from viruses and contagious air is were I spent 3 hours of my day for the past year. Life in Chigasaki was in all a great city life experience as well as a challenging independent stage of my life.

I lived 5 minutes from the beach in Higashi Kaigan in between Chigasaki Kaigan and a baseball stadium. On the way home there was a commercial street selling unique little items to the famous 100yen shop open until the last train time - 1:00am.



I worked as an ALT assistant language teacher in Yokohama area. It was an exhausting job but very rewarding. Sharing lunch time with the Japanese children and being able to share about my hometown in Honduras was the highlight of the day. Classes were all about singing, dancing, learning a couple of new English words and playing games. The short time dedicated for English would not give much knowledge so for me it was all about feeling comfortable with a foreigner.

That summer I met my beloved who took me to an Island were he used to do the same job but in a place not far from the ideal paradise. Bonin Island - Chichijima - Ogasawara shoto. Cleaned our hands and packed for a journey. First 3 months of traveling and later on to start a life in Bonin.

No comments:

Post a Comment